Piano and Keyboard Tuition – Freelance Musician - Recording Studio - Composer
Martin is based in Sutton Coldfield - West Midlands
Ever wanted to learn your favourite song? Having Music lessons should be about what you're interested in and what inspires you. Having been a professional piano and keyboard player for many years Martin has experience playing in numerous styles of music ranging from Classical through to Pop , Jazz and Funk! Whether you want to take a traditional route of examinations, or just play for fun. Martin asseses your needs from the first lesson and works towards what you enjoy. Areas covered include Sutton Coldfield, Lichfield, Tamworth, Walsall, Cannock, Coleshill, Walmley, Hodge Hill, Erdington, Kingstanding, Mere Green and Four Oaks. Martin is also available for group tuition and workshops, having previously worked with companies such as Stagecoach and the Birmingham Hippodrome.
Typical areas covered in a lesson include:-
* Using the iPad for various interactive musical exercises such as pitch, rhythm, playing by ear
* Keyboard Technique
* Learning to read music and understanding notation
* Playing by ear
* Playing from memory
* Understanding chords and harmony
* Playing popular tunes or songs by artists that you like
* Rhythm exersises and lots more!
* Creating on the spot backing tracks for your pieces, which can then be sent wirelessly to speaker setup in the teaching room!
Please note :- Whilst learning to read music is important, it is only one element that makes up learning to be a musician - and having lots of variety is key!
* Martin has 100% exam pass rate entering students for ABRSM Classical and Jazz exams. Aswell as London College of Music's keyboard examinations. Many pupils have gained Merits and Distinctions, aswell as being asked to perform in presentation concerts. Remember though, exams are entirely optional and in no way compulsory!
Martin can also specialize in any areas you might wish to cover, some people may solely want to concentrate on learning to play Blues or Jazz for example, others may want a more general approach. Martin also works with other music teachers who may wish to develop their skills in in specific areas such as Improvisation.
Piano lessons are taught using a Knight upright piano - it has a bright tone and a brilliant touch, perfect for playing all styles from classical to contemporary.
Keyboard lessons are taught on a Yamaha PSR 61 note keyboard.
Martin is also a freelance musician and is available as a piano/keyboard player, musical director and accompanist. please see the full biography for past experience.
You are viewing the text version of this site.
Need help? check the requirements page.